Age can be a cruel mistress when it comes to our skin, especially when it comes to fine lines and wrinkles. However, modern medicine has not left us without alternatives to reverse these telltale signs of aging. Among the popular treatments that have been gaining attention and with good reason, are Botox and Dysport facial injections. Make the most of your beauty routine by indulging in these modern medical alternatives. Here’s everything you need to know about Botox and Dysport injections, so you can make an informed decision about achieving skin that looks smoother and younger.
- How Do Botox and Dysport Work? Botox and Dysport are both FDA-approved neurotoxins that work this way: they temporarily paralyze the muscles associated with wrinkles. When used, the muscles are relaxed, and the range of skin movement gets reduced, causing frown lines and crow’s feet wrinkles to disappear. Results are not long-lasting, though, usually up to 3-6 months, depending on the patient and the dose.
- Benefits of Botox and Dysport: The benefits of Botox and Dysport go beyond just minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. The treatments can help improve the overall appearance of the face by firming the skin, reducing pore size, and enhancing facial symmetry. Moreover, the treatments are fast, usually taking less than 30 minutes to complete. Plus, side effects are minimal, like some swelling or bruising which can be easily concealed with makeup.
- How Safe Are Botox and Dysport? While some individuals may question the safety of Botox and Dysport, they have been FDA-approved since 2002 and 2009, respectively, and generally recognized as safe to use. Also, trained professionals perform these treatments, like licensed nurses and doctors experienced in administering Botox and Dysport injections, using the latest and most efficient equipment. Moreover, patients undergo careful screening for potential complications.
- Who Can Get Botox and Dysport Treatments? Botox and Dysport treatments are primarily targeted towards individuals experiencing wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet – typically in men and women aged 30 years and above. However, pregnant and nursing women, those with sensitive skin, and people with neuromuscular disorders are generally discouraged from undergoing the procedure. Moreover, through a consultation, experienced clinicians will further analyze any pre-existing health conditions and prescribe the appropriate treatment plan.
- Where to Get Botox and Dysport Procedures? Botox and Dysport treatments are usually performed by a knowledgeable clinician. When seeking out someone to provide these treatments, try to find a practitioner with substantial experience in injectables, many older reviews, and ensure their clinic is licensed and certified by appropriate regulatory bodies. At Feeling Good Medspa, we provide Botox and Dysport treatments as a signature method to give patients a fresher and smoother look quickly.
Botox and Dysport facial injections have been gaining popularity over the past few years as non-surgical remedies for aging skin, and this is for good reason. With minimal side effects and fast treatment time, these injectables such as Botox and Dysport, can give a less wrinkled, younger-looking skin with each injection, and in the hands of experienced clinicians, less daunting. It’s good to keep in mind that patients must research extensively to find the best, most reputable clinic, provider, and clinician and undergo a thorough consultation to understand risks and benefits. So, if you are looking for a treatment that takes years off your face quickly, book an appointment with Feeling Good Medspa to learn how Botox or Dysport can help you.